Simply Joe’s Seafood Stew is one of the easiest dishes to make for the family. You will want to begin by purchasing your choice fish, Joe recommends Salmon, Mahi Mahi, Cod or a fish that doesn’t disintegrate in the pan. If you choose or have a fish that has a mild to pungent fish smell, you can minimize the fish smell and taste. Here are some general seafood purchasing tips you when you choose your fish;
- Purchase a Fresh Fish. The longer fish is allowed to sit after being caught, killed and filleted, the stronger its odor will be.
- If it smells fishy at the grocery store, don’t buy it.
- Soak the fish in milk for 30 minutes to remove any fishy odors. Do a quick rinse in water after.
- Soak the fish in Lemon or vinegar for 10 – 15 minutes. Rinse with water after.
Now that you have you have properly selected your fish, time to pick your choice of vegetables. We used;
- Red and Green Peppers
- Olive oil
- Simply Joe’s Salsa (Order at www.SimplyJoes.com)
- Alternative spices (Adobo, Sazon)
Now your ready to cook Simply Joe’s SeaFood Stew
- Step 1. Light the stove (electric, gas) to medium
- Step 2. Lightly oil the pan, allowing the oil to heat
- Step 3. Add your veggies and let it saute
- Step 4. Lightly season your veggies
- Step 5. As your veggies are getting sautéed, season your fish
- Step 6. Once veggies are sautéed, place your fish in the pan, allow it to cook three quarters of the way.
- Step 7. Finally pour Simply Joe’s Salsa into the pan, allow to cook for 5 – 7 minutes.
Simply Joe’s Salsa marries binds all the other ingredients together making your dish. Make sure to order your Simply Joe’s Salsa at www.SimplyJoes.com
If you like this also check out Simply Joe’s Fix It and Forget It Fajitas.
For this and more, Download to our channel Roku LETNetworks or Follow Us on Social Media [ Facebook | Instagram | Twitter ]. #AmLatino